Huawei CDMA EC325 datacards are very popular, wireless internet device by Huawei Technologies Ltd, in India and in many other countries (Fiji, Indonesia Bakrie, Sri Lanka Orfer Suntel, Ghana, Bengal CITYCELL, India TATA, India Reliance etc) of the world. But it comes with operator lock means you cannot use other CDMA operator’s USIM to access internet. But using this hack you can unlock operator lock and can use any CDMA operator USIM.Required software:
1.BitPim v1.0.7 (Open source free)
2.CDMA Workshop v3.4.0 (demo but demo features will do the job)Required Hardware:
Huawei model EC325 Datacard, but this technique also works with Huawei EC321.IMPORTANT NOTE: DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK, AUTHOR OR THIS SITE TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY.Procedure:
First of all you need to install BitPim software. This software helps you to find SPC (Service Provider Code) code which is essential in order to unlock Datacard. Before we do so, we need to change the port no. of Datacard because the “CDMA Workshop” software is demo one and it has some limitation. To do this right click on “My Computer”->”Manage”->”Device Manager”. On right pane select “Ports (COM & LPT)”. See image-1 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Here you can see port no. assigned to HUAWEI Datacard in bracket. In my case it is COM 10. We have to change this COM 10 to COM 2. Just right click on HUAWEI Datacard port and select properties. This will bring properties windows. Click on “Port Setting” tab then click on “Advanced” button. See image-2.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
On pressing “Advanced” button, port advance settings will pop-up. Now select COM2 from “COM Port Number” option. Press OK and you are done. See image-3.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
1.Run BitPim software from program menu, it will try to detect your Datacard automatically. If it could not detect your device then will show a message box to run setting wizard. Click yes to continue. See image-4.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
2.On BitPim settings window click on “Phone Wizard” button to open phone model selector.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
3. In “Phone Model Setting” window select “Carriers” as “Other”, “Manufacturers” as “Other” and “Models” as “Other CDMA phone”. Now click “Next” button to continue. See image-6.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
4. In “Communication Port Setting” windows you will see all the available ports, select COM2 port. On selecting COM2 port you can see Datacard information under “Port Detail”. Click “Next”->”Finish”. See image-7.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
5. Now in BitPim go to “View” and select “View Filesystem”. This will add one more option in left pane. Select that new option “Filesystem”, on middle pane click on + symbol to open navigate to “nvm” directory. Right pane shows the system file available in that directory. Double click on “nvm_0002” file and it will show the content. See image-8.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
6. Write down the number highlighted in yellow color, this is SPC code and it could be different in your case. Just write down this 6 digit no somewhere. Step 1-6 were done only to obtain this SPC code. See image-9.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
7. Now it’s time to unlock your Datacard. Run “CDMA Workshop” software that you downloaded. On “Main” tab select COM2 at “COM settings” then click “Connect” button. It will show connected message in status bar. Now click “QCDM” button and it will read information of device. See image-10.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
8. Go to “Security” tab and enter SPC code in “SPC/ User Lock” option and press SPC then select “Send” option. If your SPC is correct then it will show “SPC is correct. Phone unlocked” message. See image-11, 12.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
9. Now we are in important step. Go to “Other” tab and under “R-UIM’s config” select “R-UIM if avail”*** and press “Write” button. If writing process is successful then it will show message. Close “CDMA Workshop” software it show message, click yes and you are done. See image-13, 14 & 15.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Bravo you have unlocked the operator lock, now you can use any CDMA SIM with Huawei EC325. To test this I asked my friend his RIM CDMA R-UIM and inserted that in device slot and you know that worked. I have made calls and surfed net to few minutes. If I can manage to get R-UIM of other service provider and if it works then I will inform you guys.
Note: I have unlocked my Huawei EC325 following the above process. My friend also managed to unlock her Huawei EC321 successfully. This method also voids Datacard warranty, so use this method at your own risk.
*** Here you can see four options “R-UIM only”, “NV only”, “R-UIM if avail” and “GSM on 1x”. First option enables the “R-UIM” slot of the device only and you cannot use the internal network. Only inserted “R-UIM” network will be available. I don’t know anything about “NV only” option. “R-UIM if avail” option seems to be best among because this option lets you to select whether you want to use “R-UIM” or internal network. If no “R-UIM” is inserted then internal network will work and if you insert “R-UIM” then inserted CDMA R-UIM will work. Last option will work if you device has both CDMA and GSM network support, I guess, because when I unlocked device with this option then it was showing network but I couldn’t make calls or surf net.
Important: Don't forget to share your experience through comments. Post your question and i will try to help you as early as possible.