Running Multiple Instances of Google Talk/Multiple Google Talk Messenger
Google Talk is one of the favorite online messengers. A privacy of this messenger is, it does not allow to use more than one user ID and chat using both user IDs at the same time. You have to use one Gtalk user ID at a time, sign out and then login with another user ID. Since I have two Gtalk user names, I was always looking to get logged in with my two user names at the same time. And finally I found a trick to use multiple Gtalk IDs at the same time. You can open two Gtalk messengers, login with two different IDs and talk at the same time from a single computer.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Follow the below steps to login to multiple Google Talk usernames:
1. Go to your desktop and right click on Google Talk shortcut icon.
2. You can see the target path as “C:\Program Files\Google\Google Talk\googletalk.exe”
3. Simply add /nomutex at the end of that path.
4. Final Gtalk path should be “c:\program files\google\google talk\googletalk.exe” /nomutex
5. Now you can click on this Gtalk shortcut on your desktop as many times as you want. Each time you click on it, it will open a new window and will allow you to login with different login names at the same time.
6. You are done.
If you don’t have a Gtalk shortcut on your desktop, but want to do this Gtalk trick, you can navigate Right click on your desktop >> New >> Shortcut. Type “c:\program files\google\google talk\googletalk.exe” /nomutex in the shortcut field, and it will automatically make an multi login Gtalk username for you.
That’s it. Now you can use Gtalk client to login with multiple user names. You can also find who is invisible, offline or blocked you on Gtalk.